Cox College, Georgia

 

 

 

founded as LaGrange Female Seminary; changed name to LaGrange Collegiate Seminary for Young Ladies 1850; changed name to Southern and Western Female College 1852; changed name to Southern Female College 1854; sometimes called Western Georgia Female College; informally called Cox College by the 1890s; moved to Manchester, later College Park 1895; part of college moved to East Point, Georgia in 1890's; sometimes called Cox College and Conservatory by 1913; closed 1923-1933; reopened 1933;

 

link to .pdf of entire viewbook from early 1900's

Lists of Colleges that have closed or changed their names:

 

link to list of colleges in Georgia

return to Image and PDF index

link to index for each state and international